Privacy and cookies
Hometrack Data Systems Limited (trading as 'Hometrack') ("we" / “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Hometrack Data Systems Limited (company registration number 04622244) with its registered office at One New Change, London, EC4M 9AF, UK.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.hometrack.co.uk ("our Website"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. We use the following cookies:
Cookie 1 – Google Analytics
Cookie type – Analytical
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the site. The marketing team use the information to compile reports and on occasion to help improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where vistors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Cookie 2 – ASP Session
Cookie type – Functional
These cookies store temporary information to enable site functionality. They are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations and/or exercise rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
If you would like to receive information from us relating to products or services which we think may interest you, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect data. All marketing materials sent to you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe at any time.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hometrack or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org|.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Should you have any queries about any personal data which we hold about you, you may submit a request to us by sending an email to email@example.com| and we shall endeavor to respond to any such request as soon as we can. We reserve the right to charge you an administration charge of £10 for fulfilling any such request.